- Invitation for Bids (IFB)
- June 27, 2019
- Deadline for
- 2:00 PM (Eastern), August 22, 2019
- 2733 Crystal Drive, Arlington, VA 22202
- $3,000,000 - $5,000,000
- 455 days from Notice to Proceed
- 5% Bid, 100% Payment, 100% Performance
- The Contractor shall furnish all necessary labor, materials, tools, equipment and supervision to provide turnkey construction for the relocation and replacement of the 5kV South Distribution Center (SDC) at Ronald Reagan Washington National Airport. Work includes, but is not limited to, replacing existing SDC 4.16kV metal-enclosed switchgear with new 4.16kV metal-clad switchgear and appurtenances, relocating new 4.16kV metal-clad switchgear, and installing new ductbanks.
- This solicitation has a 70% Local Disadvantaged Business Enterprise (LDBE) participation requirement and a 40% Voluntary MBE/WBE goal. Firms located within a 100-mile radius and whose 3 year average gross receipts, including all affiliates, do not exceed the size standard(s) below are eligible for consideration. For more LDBE/MBE/WBE information, including other LDBE size standards, contact the Airports Authority's Department of Supplier Diversity at 703-417-8660.
- LDBE Size
NAICS Code Type of Work / Service LDBE Size Standard 237130 Power and Communication Line and Related Structures Construction $36.5 Million 238210 Electrical Contractors and Other Wiring Installation Contractors $15.0 Million 238910 Site Preparation Contractors $15.0 Million
- One, July 31, 2019 - The due date for bids is extended from August 8, 2019 to August 15, 2019.
Two, August 5, 2019 - The due date for bids remains unchanged.
Three, August 13, 2019 - The due date for bids is extended from August 15, 2019 to August 22, 2019.
Questions and Answers
Registration & Planholders List
- Show your interest in this solicitation by registering as a Planholder.
Registration will place your name on the Planholder List for this project and ensure that you receive notification of any amendments or other updates to the project which may be issued in the future.
- CLICK HERE TO REGISTER
Please enter "IFB-19-13327" in the Solicitation Number field.
- Planholder List:
- Planholder List - August 7, 2019 (9 KB)
- If you download the solicitation documents and are interested in submitting a response, please register as a planholder by clicking on the "Registration & Planholders" tab above and following the instructions.
PLEASE NOTE: If you fail to register, you will not receive notification of amendments, and failure to receive and acknowledge amendments may result in your submission being deemed non-conforming.
- Base Solicitation Documents:
- IFB-19-13327 (404 KB)
Attachment 1: Specifications (2.33 MB)
Attachment 2: Drawings (27.1 MB)
Attachment 3: Construction Safety Manual
Attachment 4: Aviation Owner Controlled Insurance Program Manual - November 2018 Edition (3.66 MB)
Attachment 5: Orders and Instructions - Ronald Reagan Washington National Airport
- Amendments to Solicitation:
- Amendment One - July 31, 2019 (13 KB)
Amendment Two - August 5, 2019 (353 KB)
Revised Drawings - August 5, 2019 (2.39 MB)
Amendment Three - August 13, 2019 (135 KB)
Help and Technical Assistance
- File Formats:
- Documents are in one or more of the following formats:
Adobe Acrobat PDF - Requires Adobe Reader version 5.0 or later.
You can download the latest version of Adobe Acrobat Reader free of charge by clicking on the following link: Download Acrobat Reader
Microsoft Excel - Requires Microsoft Excel 2000 or later.
Microsoft Word - Requires Microsoft Word 2000 or later.
- Technical Assistance:
- If you have any technical questions or need assistance with the document download process, please contact us via e-mail at email@example.com or call 703-417-8672.
Last Updated August 13, 2019
The documents posted on this page and the information contained therein shall not be published or redistributed in any medium without prior written consent of the Metropolitan Washington Airports Authority.