- About Dulles International
- About Dulles International Airport
- A to Z Index of Dulles Information
- Travel Tips
- Air Cargo
- Special Events
- 2015 Dulles Emergency Exercise
- 50th Anniversary
- Space Shuttle
- Construction Program
- Dulles Environment Studies
- Dulles Corridor Information
- Pass & ID Office
- IAD Photo Galleries
Discover Dulles and the British Airways A380
Our popular Discover Dulles series is back in a BIG way!
Discover Dulles allows our customers to participate in signature events at Washington Dulles International Airport, and get a behind the scenes view to discover how Dulles International Airport operates. This event will feature the arrival of British Airways Inaugural Airbus A380 flight from London Heathrow. Discover Dulles will randomly select 38 customers to be our guests for the afternoon arrival.
Thanks to everyone who entered. The entry period is now closed.
Rules and Information
- Discover Dulles for British Airways opens Friday, September 26, 2014 and closes on Tuesday, September 30, 2014 at 12:00 am (Eastern Time). Entries are now closed.
- Open to all legal residents of the United States. If you are under the age of 18, you must be accompanied by a parent or legal guardian.
- Only one entry per person will be accepted. Multiple entries will not be honored.
- Participants will be randomly selected and notified via email by on September 30.
- The participant’s slot is not transferrable if you are unable to attend.
- To enter (and for a complete list of contest rules and other information) go to www.flydulles.com and click on “Discover Dulles for British Airways” under the “What’s New” section.
- If selected, participants may park in the hourly parking lot in front of the Main Terminal. Please be sure to allow plenty of time to check-in, security screening and for the Mobile Lounge Departure. Parking will be validated for this day and this event only.
- Guests will need to present themselves for check-in and identification verification on October 2 no later 11:15 am. Please note that late arrivals may not be accommodated.
- The Mobile Lounge will depart promptly in order to allow enough time to view the inaugural landing.
- Do not bring items that would be prohibited on a flight. For a complete list of prohibited items, go to http://www.tsa.gov/travelers/airtravel/prohibited/permitted-prohibited-items.shtm
- Participants will be transported via Mobile Lounge to the airfield. Upon conclusion of the landing and aircraft gate parking, the Mobile Lounge will return to the Concourse where participants are invited to tour the Ramp Control Towers and Operations, and shop and dine.
- The event will take place rain or shine. Participants should dress for outdoor weather conditions. Cameras and binoculars are encouraged. No open toe shoes are permitted.
- Employees/Relatives of the Metropolitan Washington Airport Authority and British Airways are not eligible to enter.