- Business Information
- Contracting Opportunities
- General Information
- Equal Opportunity Programs
- Current Contracting Opportunities
- Design / Build
- Architectural and Engineering
- Goods and Equipment
- Dulles Corridor Metrorail Project
- Land Development
- Upcoming Opportunities
- Award Information
- PROJECT eLERT
- MWAA iSupplier Portal
- Materials Management Division
- Tenant Information
- Building Codes Dept
RFQI 8-14-C001: Dulles Corridor Metrorail Project, Phase 2, Package B, Design/Build
|RFQI Issue Date:||November 12, 2013|
|Deadline for Qualifications:||1:00 PM (Eastern), December 20, 2013|
|Pre-Submittal Conference:||9:30 AM (Eastern), December 4, 2013 at the Doubletree Hotel - Sterling (Dulles Airport), 21611 Atlantic Boulevard, Sterling, VA|
|Special Event - Exhibit Hall:||Immediately following the Pre-Submittal Conference, the Airports Authority will be sponsoring an “Exhibit Hall” for interested DBE firms to meet with potential primes and large first tier subcontractors. CLICK HERE for details.|
|Question Submission:||The deadline for submitting questions has passed.
No further questions will be accepted.
|Estimated Dollar Value:||$260 - $280 million|
|The contractor shall furnish all necessary labor, materials, tools, equipment, and supervision to design and construct the Rail Yard and Maintenance Facility (Package B) of Phase 2 of the Dulles Corridor Metrorail Project. The scope for Package B includes the following project elements:
• Rail tracks and supporting infrastructure for the maintenance and storage of railcars;
• Railcar Service and Inspection facilities, including the yard control tower;
• Transportation and Police facilities including railcar boarding platforms and canopies;
• Maintenance of Way facility;
• Materials Warehouse facility;
• Rail systems and equipment for traction power, train control, and communications;
• Roadway construction and improvements;
• Drainage and stormwater management facilities; and
• Utility connections and relocations.
|This federally funded project has a 14% Disadvantaged Business Enterprise (DBE) goal. A DBE is defined as a firm that is at least 51% owned and controlled by one or more social and economically disadvantaged individual(s). DBE firms eligible to participate in this Project must be DBE certified by the Virginia Unified Certification Program (the Metropolitan Washington Airports Authority and the Virginia Department of Minority Business Enterprise are the certifying entities of the VUCP), in accordance with US Department of Transportation regulations in 49 CFR Part 26.
Please refer to the RFQI document for additional information pertaining to the DBE Goal for this project, to include DBE size standards. Contact the Airports Authority's Equal Opportunity Programs Department at 703-417-8625 for additional information on DBE Certification requirements.
|One, November 25, 2013. The due date for qualifications submittals remains unchanged.
Two, December 11, 2013. The due date for qualifications submittals remains unchanged.
CLICK HERE to download Amendment Documents
Last Updated December 11, 2013