- News & Publication
- Press Releases
- Press Kits
- Public Notices
- Media Guidelines
- Media Information
- Media Access to Airports
- Newsgathering Locations Guide
- Emergencies at the Airports
- Commercial Photography / Filming Procedures
- Other Media Contacts
- Airport Snow Information
MEDIA ACCESS TO AIRPORTS
MEDIA ACCESS TO AIRPORTS
Aerial View of Reagan National
Aerial View of Dulles Airport
Parking and Live Shots
Guidelines for ALL parking and live shots -
- Media personnel must park all crew vehicles, equipment vehicles and personal vehicles in the public parking facilities.
- Television trucks providing a live shot or satellite feed may park in designated locations listed below. PLEASE CALL THE MEDIA RELATIONS OFFICE BEFORE ARRIVING AT THE AIRPORT (703-417-8370).
- Cabling must not impede pedestrian traffic flow. No cabling is allowed through doorways or across walkways.
- The Airports Authority reserves the right to restrict media activity at any location on airport premises if public security, safety, or operational concerns so warrant
Liveshots at Reagan National Airport -
Live Trucks may park on the upper roadway level in front of Terminal B/C adjacent to the north or south terraces. Parking is provided for live trucks only – no other crew vehicles. In the event of large numbers of live trucks, the Airport Operations Office and Airport Police will direct trucks to alternate areas. There are no designated live truck parking locations at Terminal A, but space may be temporarily allocated there if specific needs arise.
Television trucks parked on upper roadway level at
DCA terminal B/C
Live Shot Camera approved locations at DCA:
- Outside North Terrace and South Terrace adjacent to Terminal B/C on the Departures (Ticketing) level, between the building and your live truck.
- Inside Terminal B/C along the window-wall just inside Door #1 or Door #6 on the Departures (Ticketing) level
Liveshots at Dulles International Airport -
Live Trucks may park on the media pad located at the west end of the Main Terminal upper (ticketing) level. No other crew vehicles allowed.
IAD Main Terminal seen from the West
Media pad in foreground, to the left of the evergreens.
Live Shot Camera approved locations at IAD:
- Outside the Main Terminal between the building and the Media Pad, out of the flow of pedestrian traffic.
- Inside Door #1 of the Main Terminal, Departures (Ticketing) level, along the window-wall