Intern Program 2014
Welcome to the Summer Intern Webpage!
The Summer Intern Program provides extra short-term assistance to Airports Authority Offices and allows Interns opportunity to gain on-the-job experience. In addition to the work they produce, Interns are a potential recruitment source for full-time positions.
Airports Authority Summer Interns are derived from the Consortium of Universities of the Washington Metropolitan Area and other universities, in general.
The 2014 Summer Intern program runs from May 19 through August 8
Eligibility and Basis for Intern Selections
The Airports Authority employs currently enrolled college students in the following academic areas: Engineering, Finance/Accounting, Information Technology, Business, Communications/Journalism and other areas as advertised. HR screens the resumes and applications and forwards them to supervisors for interviewing and selection.
Work Hours and Pay Rates
Interns work up to 40 hours per week, are paid at a rate of $12.37 per hour, and are eligible for the Commuter Transit Subsidy benefit, which allows for a predetermined monthly subsidy when using public transit.
Selected Interns are required to undergo a background check. Those who pass successfully are made Final Offers.
How to Apply
- Applications for Summer 2014 closed on Feb. 21.
- Read about the position and click “Submit an Application.
- Complete the online application.
- Be sure to take the assessment test.
- Applications are being reviewed; candidates will be contacted.
How You Will Be Evaluated
- Once the application process is completed, a review of your resume and supporting documentation will be done to determine if you meet the basic qualification requirements. There is an Assessment questionnaire(s) that you must complete. Your resume and supporting documentation will then be compared to your responses to the assessment questionnaire(s). If a determination is made that your application does not support your responses, which you provided in the assessment questionnaire, your application will not receive further consideration for this announcement.
- Application information must be completed in its entirety for consideration for the position.
Deborah (Debbie) Williams